Registration Log in

Palmeiras Says CBF “Acknowledged Error” in Goal Disallowance Against Remo

Published on: 2026-05-12 | Author: admin

In a statement released on Monday evening, Palmeiras announced that the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) recognized the mistake made by the refereeing team in annulling a goal scored by defender Bruno Fuchs during Sunday’s 1-1 draw with Remo at Mangueirão.

The goal, netted in the 50th minute of the second half, would have put the São Paulo side ahead and on the verge of victory with just minutes left. Referee Rafael Klein invalidated the goal, ruling that Flaco López had handled the ball during a challenge with a Remo defender just before the ball fell to Fuchs. The decision infuriated the defender.

“Palmeiras informs that in a meeting held this Monday with representatives from other Série A clubs, the CBF’s Arbitration Commission acknowledged the error committed by the refereeing team in annulling the goal scored by Bruno Fuchs in second-half stoppage time against Remo in the Brazilian Championship,” the statement read.

“During the meeting, Palmeiras — represented by football director Anderson Barros — again demanded measures to prevent such serious errors from recurring, warning that they risk undermining the competition’s credibility,” it continued.

On Sunday night, the CBF released the VAR audio from the incident. Klein claimed he had already identified a possible handball. After reviewing the footage, he upheld his decision. “I am disallowing the goal for an indirect free kick due to a sanctionable handball,” he said, then quickly corrected himself: “Direct. No, indirect. Direct,” before being corrected by a colleague in the booth.

Palmeiras Says It Is Not Seeking Punishment

In his post-match press conference, Anderson Barros questioned who would be held accountable for what he considered a clear refereeing error.

“It’s very clear: if we all look at the play, the Remo defender heads the ball onto López’s hand, the ball falls to Fuchs, who scores. That would have been two more points for Palmeiras. I just ask: who will take responsibility? We cannot allow this anymore,” Barros said.

However, in its statement, Palmeiras emphasized that it did not request any punishment and that it is not the clubs’ role to “interfere in CBF decisions, which, by the way, has been making important investments to evolve and improve Brazilian refereeing.”

Read the full statement:

“Palmeiras informs that in a meeting held this Monday with representatives from other Série A clubs, the CBF’s Arbitration Commission acknowledged the error committed by the refereeing team in annulling the goal scored by Bruno Fuchs in second-half stoppage time of the match against Remo in the Brazilian Championship.

During the meeting, Palmeiras — represented by football director Anderson Barros — again demanded measures to prevent such serious errors from recurring, warning that they risk undermining the competition’s credibility.

casino bangbet

The club stresses that at no point did it request punishment for the center referee or the VAR, understanding that all professionals, including the best, are prone to errors. Moreover, it is not up to Palmeiras or any other club to interfere in CBF decisions, which, by the way, has been making important investments to evolve and improve Brazilian refereeing.

Given this context, however, it is essential to reflect on the treatment given to referee Ramon Abatti Abel, who was severely penalized by the CBF and the STJD (Superior Court of Sports Justice) a few months ago.”

sports news